Best suitable for kids, Chu Bang demands a good setting with opportunity for lots of movement and places to hide. It is best described as a hide and seek game.
– Coach stands with back to group
– They have to move around doing Parkour movements
– Coach counts down from 3 before turning around to look at the group. All try to find a place to hide from the coach within the 3 seconds.
– If you get spotted you go to prison, where team member can save you in next round by high fiving you.
– Coach yells out “chu-bang” before turning away from the group again to let the group know that she/he isn’t looking and they have to move around once more.
COACHING KEY POINTS
– Make it fun and encourage the students to take chances – it’s also fun to be rescued by friends.
– Move your spots so they have to hide differently between each session of Chu-bang.
SPORTS SKILLS OUTCOME
– Warm up
– Social awareness
– Light parkour relevant movements
LIFE SKILLS OUTCOME
– Coping with stress and emotions: Handling a little stress from the game
– Team work: Following the rhythm of the game – being part of a group.