A concept often trained with Stephane Vigroux that challenges your stamina and technique under pressure. Can work with all levels.
– Set up a route and practice passing all obstacles – ask participants to have more options ready, let them be creative and “stealing” ideas should also be encouraged.
– Now ask them to go at around 60% and set a timer for 4-5 minutes.
– Then a small break for all and maybe adjust the course slightly.
– Now partner them up and have one partner start along with one from all other groups. Others are waiting in the middle or where-ever it fits.
– Ask them to go with 80-90% speed
– After one or two rounds the other partner goes and this continues for 10 minutes non-stop.
– Small break and if you have more time. Go again for a shorter amount of time.
– Talk and reflect upon the experience together.
COACHING KEY POINTS
– Be ready to change the route for safety reasons or just to give some variation.
– Consider allowing participants to skip obstacles if people are blocking – you are not supposed to slow down.
SPORTS SKILLS OUTCOME
– Stamina / Endurance
– Tolerance to fatigue and lactic acid filled muscles.
– Apply technical moves in high workload situation.
LIFE SKILLS OUTCOME
– Coping with stress and emotions: Ability to focus under stress
– Creative thinking: building on the ideas of others